"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Monday, July 20, 2015

La-La Land Crafts with Christmas in July!

Hello friends!
Hope you are enjoying your Summer so far!  It seems to be one of those lazy days of Summer, so what better way to put some "CHILL" into the air by creating something with Christmas in mind?!!

Today is another Inspirational Monday over at the La-La Land Crafts blog!
Today it's all about "Christmas in July!"
So be sure to check out all of the beautiful Christmas style designs over there!  I know there are some really adorable inspiration projects to see too! :)

Here's what I've made for my Christmas in July:
Isn't Christmas Bell Marci adorable?! :)  I was going for a bit of the "Vintage" style in my design by keeping the colors in a red, kraft and cream.  (The edges of the background papers, the sentiment banner along with the heart banner layer were all sponged with some distress ink.  I've also used my distress tool and added some faux stitch lines with a marker.)

I've used some really cool dies from La-La Land Crafts too:
I've used the Pretty Poinsettia Die and cut it out with red card stock and sponged the edges with some white ink.  For the center, I've die cut them out in silver glitter paper and layered it on top of each other.  Before attaching it to my flower, I made the sentiment banner and glued it underneath.

I've also used the Scalloped Trim Banner die, which is the bottom layer of my banner and sponged the edges of that with some distress ink. (This die coordinates with a couple of other dies including the one that I've used on my card here!)

Over top of that, I cut out the Heart Banner die in the same kraft colored card stock as well as in red colored card stock.  I took the hearts out from the red piece and inlaid them into the kraft colored-heart banner.  I'm loving the layered look you get with these dies! :)

And here is a closer look at some of the details on my card:
As you can see, I've added some glossy accents over the hearts, I've got the both the silver glitter paper in the center of the poinsettia flower as well as the silver snowflake sequins touched with a dots of some silver glitter Stickles in the centers.  Hard to tell in the photos, but I've covered the bell she's holding with some Wink of Stella too.  (Check out the dimension on that poinsettia too...I've never seen a die like this one and I think it's super cool!)

Christmas Bell Marci was such a blast to color with my Copics too!  Here's what I've used:
coat/hat/boots/mittens/bell ribbon - R59, R39, R35, E15, E13, E11, E000

Coat, boots & hat "fur" trim - E15, E13, E11, E000 (plus white gel pen)

Hair, bell - N8, N6, N3, 0

skin/cheeks - R11, R00, R000, E11, E00, E000

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope that I have inspired you to create some Christmas projects as well with my design here!  Be sure to stop by the blog for more Christmas inspiration!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are a few challenges I'd like to enter this for:

1.  Everybody Art - papers and embellishments 3x (silver paper, red strip decorative paper and poinsettia kraft background papers - embellishments:  sequins, ribbon/lace, Stickles, glossy accents and/or Wink of Stella)

2.  Tuesday Throwdown - Tic-Tac-Toe (I've used die cuts, banner & sequins)


3.  Deep Ocean - Christmas in July

4.  Creative Inspirations - "Let's Color!"

5.  Penny's - anything goes

6.  Crafting by Designs - Get Ready for Christmas

7.  Allsorts - Add a banner or a flag

40 comments:

Bad Kitty said...

very pretty card
have a nice day
hugs

Monika Reeck said...

I adore your coloring sooo much...cute Image and lovely kraft paper too..love all the embellishment..and red with kraft look so fabulous..
I miss you Vicky..I have much too much card made last week because joined Christmas in July at Bugaboo hehe..see you around sweet friend..hugs
Monika

Lisa J said...

This is gorgeous. I love the colours and the design. Fabulous Card! Lisa x

Sarah said...

This is a delight Vicki. Beautifully done and your finishing touches are fabulous xx

Shelly said...

Super sweet and pretty! Love that little girl and banner!

Lynn McAuley said...

Awesome work on this sweet, sweet holiday design, Vicki! The cutest EVER!!

Wendy L said...

This is fab, thanks for joining us at Allosrts this week, xxx

Shannon McComb said...

Oh Vicki!! This is gorgeous!!! Love your card design and the way you colored the little girl is beautiful!!! You have me wanting to start my Christmas card making!

Stamping Smiles Designs said...

Awe, Vicki, your holiday card is so sweet! I love the pretty girl!

Chrissy said...

So adorable Vicki..fabulous colouring and love the poinsettia and snowflakes, the glossy hearts and awesome colour combo..gorgeous.

luv CHRISSYxx

Sharon said...

What a marvelous creation.
Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty, hope to see you again soon.
Hugs Sharon xx
http://ewe2cancraft.blogspot.com

Inkyfingers said...

You have amazing colouring skills Vicki and I love your cute vintage card, and all those wonderful details. How did you get the spiky look on the fur trims?
Hugs
Carol x

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Vicki. The image is so sweet, your colouring is stunning and I love your beautiful detailing.
hugs Sue xx

Tammy said...

WOW this is gorgeous Vicki! I love that image and your coloring is stunning, fabulous details and colors!!
Hugs, Tammy

crafty-stamper said...

Love the cute image and great backing paper-love the layered dies
Carol x

Asha said...

Flawless colouring, Vicki... just amazing, my friend!
hugs Asha

Donna said...

Absolutely precious, fabulous coloring!

NanaConnie said...

This is just too cute, Vicki! Love that banner and your color combo is delicious. Good to see you playing at TT. :-D Hugs

Amy Cohen said...

Gorgeous- love your coloring and the kraft paper too! Good luck with your entry at Penny's Paper-Crafty.
Amy-DT

Sue said...

She is adorable. Your beautiful holiday card has a real vintage feel to it. Love the kraft and red combo.

Hugs
Sue

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Hi Vicki... your card is amazing.. love your creation.

Hugs Anja

Anneke said...

dear Vicky
i apologize for being not much at blogger, but i am busy for the outside markets.
what a cute and adorable cards i see here, and i took a peek at all your latest ones.
hope you are alright and sending you summer hugs from Holland.
Anneke

Céline said...

probably one of my fav! love the combo and gorgeous details
hugs
céline

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely creation to brighten one up and lovely image used. Love the bottom banner...
xx
{aNNie My Personal Blog}

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh my Vicki! You've done it again!
How sweet! How beautiful!
You always pour your heart in your creations!
So many yummy details here!
Thank You!!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my word Vicki this is beautiful I love, love, love that image of Marci and what gorgeous colours and embellishments a superb card design, ACE make.
hugs
lorraine x

Emily Lauritzen said...

Adorable! Love the vintage feel of it all with your super sweet image! So much to love on this card!
Thanks so much for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!
<3 Emily L. - DT

NGCARDS said...

This is such a cutie of a card! Thanks for playing in this week's challenge over at Creative Inspirations! xxx

Pia S said...

It's gorgeous, Vicky. I really like this color combo, it sure does give your card a vintage feel. I also admire your coloring, so well done!!

Margreet said...

This is awesome, Vicki!
Love the vintage touch you gave it. Gorgeous details and your coloring of that adorable Marci is brilliant! I'm jealous on the receiver of this beautiful card
xxx Margreet

Pat (mspfd) said...

Love the vintage design and awesome details. Great card Vicki.

Davi said...

OH my Gosh is this BEAUtiful!! Love the darling image and your fab coloring, the lace and red embellies are so pretty with her :)

nwilliams6 said...

This is fab Vicki! Love the card colors, the sweet image, and your great details - especially the banner and the flower. Great idea to do the edging on the flower in white to soften it and add a little frosty feel. Pretty card! Hugz

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow Vicki this is a stunning Christmas creation. Just adore the little bunting and the kraft and red is very striking.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Helene E said...

Fantastic colouring! Thank you for playing along with us at Allsorts this week and good luck!

Beth said...

Beautiful love the combo of kraft and red and such a sweet image girlfriend and as always your coloring is pure perfection.
Hugs
Beth

jimlynn said...

Oh Vicki! This is stunning. I love your wonderful coloring on this. SO LOVELY!
Lynn

Shelly Schmidt said...

You have been busy! Wow- I just LOVE this card- the dies are wonderful and I love the festive Non-traditional colors!

Kamila R. said...

Omg Vicky!!! She is so cute!! I love your gorgeous card !! Craft and red looks perfect together, your colouring is brilliant and the glossy accents on hearts is a win!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful coloring! I love the fur trim accents you added with the gel pen, really adds a lot to it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...